- What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute Personal Data.
- What is Processing?
“Processing” means and covers virtually any handling of data.
- What law applies?
In principle, we will only use your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, in particular the Spanish`s Data Protection and Digital Rights Act 3/2018 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Purpose and legal basis of processing
In accordance with the DPA and GDPR we need to have both a purpose and a legal basis to process Personal Data. The purposes are:
- providing the website and shop and their functions and contents,
- responding to contact requests and communicating with our customers,
- providing our services, and
- security measures.
Of course, we can only do that if we have at least one of the following legal bases or in other words lawful reasons to do so. Unless specifically described below, we typically link the above purposes to one of the following:
- to fulfill our services and carry out contractual obligations,
- to fulfill our legal obligations, and
- to protect our legitimate interests.
Our website uses SSL or TLS encryption to ensure the security of data processing and to protect the transmission of confidential content, login data or contact requests that you send to us. We have also implemented numerous security measures (“technical and organizational measures”) for example encryption or need to know access, to ensure the most complete protection of Personal Data processed through this website.
Nevertheless, internet-based data transmissions can always have security gaps, so that absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. And databases or data sets that include Personal Data may be breached inadvertently or through wrongful intrusion.
Upon becoming aware of a data breach, we will notify all affected individuals whose Personal Data may have been compromised as expeditiously as possible after which the breach was discovered.
Retention and Storage
We do not request Personal Data from minors and children and do not knowingly collect such data or pass it on to third parties.
Automated decision-making including profiling does not take place.
Do Not Sell
We do not sell your Personal Data.
Special Category Data
Unless specifically required and consent is obtained, for a particular service, we do not process special category data.
We are present on social media on the basis of our legitimate interest. If you contact us via social media, we and the relevant social media platform are jointly responsible for the processing of your data and enter into a so-called joint controller agreement. The legal basis is our legitimate interest, your consent or, in some cases, the initiation of a contractual service, if any.
In the course of our website operation, we process data. We usually do not transfer Personal Data to countries outside Spain or the EEA. However, if we do, we ensure that processing of your Personal Data is governed by Processing Agreements that include Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure a high level of data protection.
Sharing and Disclosure
We will not disclose or otherwise distribute your Personal Data to third parties unless this is a) necessary for the performance of our services for example with our web host (see below), b) you have consented to the disclosure, c) or if we are legally obliged to do so e.g., by court order or if this is necessary to support criminal or legal investigations or other legal investigations or other legal proceedings; as required by law or regulation; if BeautifulPuglia (or a part of BeautifulPuglia ) is sold to or merged with another company; or proceedings at home or abroad or to fulfill our legitimate interests.
Data collection and processing
- Data we collect directly
We may ask you for Personal Data when you:
- use our website,
- request services, support, or information,
- participate online or otherwise in marketing activities,
- subscribe to BeautifulPuglia marketing and promotional emails or other materials,
- contact us.
Categories of Personal Data we collect may include your name, email address, and IP addresses. We may also collect demographic data such your interests, and preferences.
In order to provide you with a more consistent and personalized user experience in your interactions with BeautifulPuglia, data collected through one source may also be linked to other data collected by BeautifulPuglia through other sources. This may include data that helps us identify you when you access our website through several different devices.
The legal basis for the data processing is the fulfillment of our contractual obligations and, in individual cases, the fulfillment of our legal obligations as well as your consent. You may withdraw your consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal and special category data by submitting your request to us in writing using [email protected].
- Data we collect automatically
We may automatically collect information about user behavior and usage regarding your visits to our websites, such as the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with our website.
We may also collect certain information about the browser you use to access our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, and your access times, the URL (“Uniform Resource Locator”) of the website from which you arrived at our website, and the URL to which you are directed after leaving our website if you clicked on a link on our website.
- Data from third party sources
We may obtain data about you from third-party sources, such as our marketing partners, social networks, and other third parties. We may use this data to better analyze your user behavior to improve our ability to provide you with relevant marketing information and services, and to prevent and combat fraud.
To provide our website, we use the services of GreenGeeks. Doing so, GreenGeeks processes the data to be processed in connection with the operation of this website on our behalf. The legal basis is our legitimate interest.
Our use of Personal Data
BeautifulPuglia may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing you with services and support, and conducting transactions you request,
- enabling you to use our website,
- providing support to respond to your online inquiries,
- customize, analyze, and optimize our website and services (including content to gauge usage trends and determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns),
- better understanding our readers and website users,
- personalizing content and implementing your preferences,
- prevention of fraud and other prohibited or unlawful activities,
- protecting the security and integrity of our websites, businesses, and services; and
- other functions and purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection or as required or permitted by law.
Cooperation with processors
We use content or service offers of third-party providers on the basis of our legitimate interests in order to integrate their content and services on our website. This usually requires that the third-party provider becomes aware of your IP address so that the content and services can be displayed on your device.
Below you can find a list of the relevant content and services we use along with the relevant third-party provider. We would like to ask you to review their privacy policies, which contain further information on the processing of Personal Data and so-called opt-out measures, if any.
- Analytics and Tracking: Google Analytics by Google LLC
- Content Management System: WordPress by Automatic Inc
- Advertising: Google Adsense by Google LLC
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization or retargeting/tracking you can object to behavioral advertising at the Following websites: Your Online Choices, Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, Network Advertising Initiative or AdChoices.
Insofar as you have also given us your consent to process your Personal Data for marketing and advertising purposes, we are entitled to contact you for these purposes via the communication channels you have given your consent to.
We also participate in Affiliate Programs. Affiliate programs are designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking. As such our website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means that we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. You will never be charged a fee through one of our affiliate links, however you may get a discounted rate of the relevant affiliates services and we will make a small commission. Our editorial content and the handling of your Personal Information is however not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships.
Your Rights and Privileges
Under the DPA and GDPR, you can exercise the following rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your Personal Data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Updating your information
If you believe that the information, we hold about you is inaccurate or request its rectification, deletion, or object to its processing, please do so by contacting us.
Withdrawing your consent
You can withdraw consents you have given at any time by contacting us.
In the event you want to make a Data Subject Access Request, please contact us. We will respond to requests regarding access and correction as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days, we will tell you why and when we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any Personal Data or to make a correction requested by you, we will tell you why.
Complaint to a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain about our processing of Personal Data to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. The supervisory authority in Spain is: Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (the “AEPD”)C/Jorge Juan, 6, www.aepd.es.
Who should I contact for more information?